ZSFG KPO and A3 Thinking are on Sharepoint
- Login to DPH or UCSF Outlook 365 at: https://outlook.office365.com
- Go to: https://sfgov1.sharepoint.com/sites/DPH-ZSFGWay
What is Required in Drafts?
Although A3 Thinking is not mere completion of an A3 as a task (i.e. “Do Your A3”), we ask for a handwritten or typed draft as evidence of learning and to support intentional practice of A3 Thinking and construction of an A3. We ask attendees to submit a draft that demonstrates practice, written from header through follow-up, and it does NOT need to be final or implemented.
Why Do We Assign Draft Homework?
We find leaders learn and develop skills better with the “gift” of a deadline, which allows:
What can learners do after submitting a draft?
Thanks again, and we look forward to working with you!
ZSFG A3 Thinking Team
1. Pick Up and Read Managing to Learn and Humble Inquiry – We will discuss in class! Pick up a copy from a colleague or the ZSFG Library. [Library Info]
2. Identify the “Right” problem for Your A3 – You will develop an A3 on your chosen problem. Identifying the “right” problem is critical. Meet with your sponsor and answer 4 questions (Hint: BACKGROUND section of your A3):
3. Sign Up Now for Our A3 Learning Labs – Reserve a Space Here You are busy, but reserve a space now in our March A3 Learning Labs between Day 1 and 2. Labs are designed to support ongoing practice and 1:1 coaching. The first labs support your practice and creation of swimlane process maps. [Reserve a Space in a Learning Lab Here]
Here is a Link to a Similar Message we sent to our Latest Cohort
Check out our A3 Toolbox for new templates:
– General A3 Template with small revision
– A fishbone diagram designed in a table format
– Several team exercises to support completion of Background, Current Conditions, Analysis
– A3-Status Reports including our PIPS Committee Templates
– New Personal Development Plan A3s and A3-SRs
– Templates used for our Quality & Leadership Academy Posters and Housestaff Incentive Program
Our goal is to support your practice and habit of A3 Thinking!
Please contact us and share your latest innovations!
One of the most important factors in successful learning and implementation of A3 thinking is having the support of a Supervisor or Sponsor. Here are five ways you can support your A3 Owner:
We have enrolled two A3 Thinking cohorts beginning Monday and Friday! We are excited to work with this great group, and hope you will support them to learn, engage and improve!
How have A3 Thinking Workshops evolved, and what are expectations now?
Future Workshops: If you are interested in enrolling leaders from your team, please see the link below.
For More Info: http://zsfglearn.org/a3thinking
Thank you for your leadership!
Will Huen, David Smith & the A3 Thinking Team
Standard Work – Many of A3 practitioners have tested improvements of processes using PDSA but are looking for tools to describe, stabilize, share and improve upon those changes. We have added standard work templates to this website and will be creating a new learning lab to teach and support creation of standard work.
Leadership Academy Poster – To support our Quality and Leadership Academy Teams, we are posting a powerpoint template of the Academy Poster. The poster is designed to showcase implementation of a problem solving plan using a version of A3 called an A3-Status Report.
In the A3 Toolbox, we have added a refreshed A3 Template and a Powerpoint document with several analysis tools that can be included into the A3. Our KPO is testing a number of similar templates and guides, and we welcome you to share your successful tools with us as well!
We hope you find this useful and welcome your feedback, questions and ideas!
On July 25 and 27th, we had a great class of 49 ZSFG and SFDPH Leaders complete our A3 Thinking Course. In the next 30 days, trainees are asked to:
We are excited to announce this pilot website. Our goals are to support leaders to continue learning, practicing and implementing A3 Thinking. We will attempt to keep this site updated to share our best thinking about:
Thanks for checking us out. We welcome your feedback, questions and ideas!