A3 Workshops and Learning Labs
Please Note: Although we are not able to hold in-person workshops or learning labs, our problem solving has not stopped. We are testing a virtual learning series using sharepoint, teams and online video coaching. Please contact us directly for more information!
A3 Thinking 2-Day Workshops
Registering for A3 Thinking 2-Day Workshops :
- Goal: To support leaders with learning and practicing A3 Thinking
- Who: UCSF and DPH Leaders nominated by supervisors to lead improvement work aligned with organizational priorities.
- What is required once you have enrolled:
- Pre-Read Managing to Learn and Humble Inquiry
- Select an important, focused Problem with Supervisor
- Attend BOTH Day #1 and Day #2 trainings (8-4:30, ~30 days apart
- Attend two Learning Labs (1.5 hours each)
- Complete mid- and post-workshop homework
- One complete A3 Draft 30 days after Day #2
- Features: Day 1 & 2 30 days apart, learning labs, workbooks, templates, tools, examples, 14.25 CME
- When: We generally offer six cohorts to 25 trainees each, divided three times per year
- To add a leader to the wait list, submit this link:
- Proposed Problem:
"Great mix of teaching, practice, small and large group discussions and support!"
"100% of attendees report I would recommend this course to a colleague."
A3 Learning Labs & Coaching
How to Register for the A3 Learning Lab:
- Goal: To support your completion and implementation of A3 improvement plans
- Who: ZSFG and DPH Leaders familiar with A3 Thinking
- What: Our KPO/QM Teams offers once to twice weekly Learning Labs (10:30-12, Wed,+/- Fridays) to support leaders familiar with A3s
- Agenda: 1) Review A3 Thinking teaching (20 min), followed by coaching/practice/catchball of A3s (50 min)
- Background/Current Conditions/Problem Statements (toolbox: swimlanes, process maps)
- Analysis (toolbox: fishbone, 5 whys problem trees, stratification, pareto)
- Countermeasures (toolbox: PICK charts)
- PDSA (toolbox: PDSA, Gantt charts)
- A3-Status Reports (see PIPS Labs)
- To Sign up, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
“Incredibly valuable to have this time, and a personal coach helping to think it through!” - A3 Lab Attendee