How can you support your A3 Owners?
One of the most important factors in successful learning and implementation of A3 thinking is having the support of a Supervisor or Sponsor. Here are five ways you can support your A3 Owner:
- Catchball: Find 30 minutes 1:1 or in a meeting to practice humble inquiry and coaching. Use clarifying and open-ended questions to support the A3 owner’s thinking and ownership.
- Attend Learning Labs with A3 Owner: (All are invited; All are learners and coaches; See Weekly Lab Schedule to refresh or help map current conditions, analyze or plan PDSAs)
- Ask A3 owners about their learning and practice of A3 Thinking (i.e. observing Gemba, mapping process, measuring problems, and catchballing with stakeholders) See Workshop Expectations
- Remove Barriers so A3 Owners can attend A3 labs and Workshop Day #2 as scheduled, complete a first draft within 30 days, and implement their A3 plans with PDSA. See A3 Thinking Schedule
- Model Your Own Practice of A3 Thinking – Revise, Catchball and Implement Your Own A3. See A3 Toolbox