What is Required in Drafts?
Although A3 Thinking is not mere completion of an A3 as a task (i.e. “Do Your A3”), we ask for a handwritten or typed draft as evidence of learning and to support intentional practice of A3 Thinking and construction of an A3. We ask attendees to submit a draft that demonstrates practice, written from header through follow-up, and it does NOT need to be final or implemented.
Why Do We Assign Draft Homework?
We find leaders learn and develop skills better with the “gift” of a deadline, which allows:
- Intentional practice over a brief interval
- Clear mini-goals in support of long-term mastery
- Learning and forgetting, followed by relearning and practice through labs
- Collective motivation and support – From teachers, coaches, peers & sponsors
- Feedback – in follow-up coaching or 1:1s with Sponsors
- Recognition and accountability for your progress
What can learners do after submitting a draft?
- Learners may attend an A3 Review learning lab to catchball and receive feedback with a coach
- Attend A3 Learning Labs year-round
- We will send CME/CEUs after you submit our Post-Workshop Survey
- Catchball with stakeholders
- Follow-Up with your sponsor about next steps.
Thanks again, and we look forward to working with you!
ZSFG A3 Thinking Team