Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital (ZSFG) provides a learning experience for various levels of nursing students.
Please note: Students cannot be placed on the ZSFG campus without first executing a MOU (Memorandum of Understanding), which is an agreement for Use of Facilities for Clinical Experience between the school and San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH). Establishing an Agreement does not guarantee a placement opportunity within ZSFG.
At present, ZSFG is NOT able to accommodate any new RN, NP, & PA affiliation.
Click here for ZSFG Nursing Student Placement Policy
Please follow these instructions:
Step 1: Check to see if your school and program is on the Approved List of Schools and Programs. If your school or program is not on the Approved List of Schools and Programs, please have the school's program coordinator complete the Student Placement Agreement Form to begin the approval process.
Step 2: Review the following information
- We take multiple factors into consideration when determining our ability to accommodate student placement requests. Placements are not guaranteed and may be suspended at any given moment.
- Nursing student cohorts: 2 or more students enrolled in the same placement
- ZSFG prioritizes placements requested in the Centralized Clinical Placement System (CCPS)
- Schools NOT in CCPS, please contact Janet.Kosewic@sfdph.org, to determine if the placement can be accommodated.
- Nursing student preceptor placements:
- Students and/or their academic programs must secure a clinical preceptor. ZSFG is not responsible for securing a preceptorship on the student's behalf. If you need assistance in securing a preceptorship, please seek assistance from your school.
- ZSFG prioritizes Undergraduate placements requested in the Centralized Clinical Placement System (CCPS)
- For Graduate placement requests, please contact Janet.Kosewic@sfdph.org
Step 3: After your placement has been confirmed, complete the appropriate packet below, including the Privacy and Compliance Training, and submit a certificate to ZSFG Nursing Placement Coordinator. Click here for Privacy and compliance training instructions.