It is important ZSFG patients receive written material routinely provided in English are also provided in the identified threshold languages of patients served. To support the ZSFG goal, DET provides translation services for departments within the hospital.
It is required that vital documents are translated into the threshold languages. Vital documents include and are not limited to:
- Signage and way-finding directions
- Patient intake forms
- Consent forms. Including, but not limited to: treatment, surgery, anesthesia, inpatient psychiatric treatment, and diagnostic tests.
- Applications for federal and state health and social services programs. Including, but not limited to, financial assistance.
- Advanced directives
- Patient complaint forms
- Letters/notices pertaining to the reduction, denial or termination of services or benefits
- Letters or notices that require a response from the beneficiary or patient
- Documents that advise of free language assistance services
- General information on current clinical trials and opportunities to participate
- Information on emergency health issues
- Patient rights and responsibilities
- Billing and financial information
- Consents to release information
- Appointment reminder notices
- HIPAA Privacy Notice
- Key health education materials
Other written materials will be translated when it is determined that a printed translated document is needed for effective communication.
Requesting a Translation
To request a translation, please follow the steps below.
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Preparing the material requesting to be translated:
|Step 2||Fill out the ZSFG Translation Request Form|
|Step 3||Send the translation request form and translation material to email@example.com|
|Step 4||DET will send translation request to qualified vendors.Please note depending on the complexity of translation request, turnaround time varies between 3-7 days. Expedited delivery requests will be reviewed based on impact of patient care (i.e. patient grievance letter or medical record). Requester will be contacted if approved.|