About Annual Education Requirements
The Annual Education modules help maintain and support staff competencies. These modules support ZSFG’s goal to continuously improve patient care outcomes, promote patient and employee safety, encourage employee self-development, and serve the public. The topics covered are required by federal and state law, regulatory agencies, and ZSFG policy and procedures.
Who Takes Annual Education?
Annual Education is assigned to all CCSF and UCSF staff working on the ZSFG campus who were hired before the calendar year. Staff who were hired during the calendar year complete their educational requirement via attendance of New Employee Orientation.
How Do I Complete Annual Education?
Annual Education modules are assigned to all staff in Halogen, our learning management system, and completed online. Please log-in to Halogen to complete your required modules. There are six staff categories for assignments:
- Clinical Nursing: Staff who perform nursing functions and provide direct patient care, including advanced practice nurses.
- Clinical Provider: Physicians, dentists, clinical psychologists and podiatrists qualified for Medical Staff membership who regularly treat patients under the direction of a Clinical Service of the Medical Staff at SFGH.
- Clinical Other: Staff who practice under a license or certification and provide direct patient care, but are not nurses or providers (i.e. rehabilitation therapist).
- Clinical Other (With Restraints): Staff considered 'Clinical Other' who order or interact with patients in restraints.
- Non-Clinical: Staff who do not provide direct patient care such as, but not limited to: Patient Accounting/Billing, Information Systems, Analysts, Engineers, Medical Records Technicians, Food Service, Eligibility, Environmental Services/Porters, Sheriff’s Office and other Security Personnel, Facilities, Administrative Support etc.
If you feel that you have received the wrong assignments or do not see any assignments, please contact email@example.com.