Welcome to New Employee Orientation
New Employee Orientation (NEO) is an established policy of the Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital (ZSFG) Administration. NEO is provided to ensure that all new employees have the information, resources, and support necessary to perform their job safely and successfully.
- All new employees (CCSF and UCSF) assigned to work at San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center are required to attend New Employee Orientation (NEO)
- Employees separated from the organization for more than 12 months due to any type of leave of absences and assignment completion1.
- It consists of General Orientation (Day 1) and Clinical Orientation (Day 2). Only after satisfaction of attendance requirement per job classification can the employee begin work in their designated department1,2.
NEO is held in the Currin Carlisle Learning Center (map of location here) multiple times monthly unless otherwise noted.
- Registration opens at 7:45 AM
- Sessions begins promptly at 8:00 AM.
- Late arrivals may not be able to attend orientation and start work.
To register for general and clinical orientation, click here and complete the online registration form. To complete the online orientation, click here.For questions regarding orientation, please contact us at (415) 206-4655.
|Staff Categories||Online Orientation||General Orientation||Clinical Orientation||Registration Required|
|Non Clinical Staff||X||X|
|Clinical Staff (RN, CNA, PCA, etc)||X||X||X|
|Active and Affiliated Medical Staff||X||X|
|Active and Affiliated Medical Staff at CPC clinics not providing care at ZSFG||X|
|Courtesy Medical Staff & Residents||X|
Note: Online orientation is only available for the following groups:
- Courtesy Medical Staff
- Medical Residents/Students
- Research and Clinical Volunteers
- Nursing Clinical and Non-Clinical Students/Intern Students/Interns
General and Clinical Orientation Agenda
Day 1: General Orientation
A full day program (8:00AM-4:00PM) required for ALL new employees and providers (this includes Active Medical Staff and Fellows).
The program includes:
- Classroom presentation on topics mandated by State & Federal laws and Regulatory Agencies.
- Introduction to True North
- Workplace Violence Prevention Plan and Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training
Day 2: Clinical Orientation
A half day program (8:00AM-12:00PM) required for non-nursing employees and a full day program (8:00PM-4:00PM) required for nursing classifications. Please click here (add hyperlink) for a list of attendance requirements based on classification.
The program includes:
- Classroom presentation on patient safety topics.
- Skill stations.
- Information and skills relevant to all nursing units.
Note: Active Medical Staff (physicians) are not required to attend clinical orientation; however, their attendance is always welcomed.
1. Administrative Policy# 15.05 New Employee Orientation (Revised 01/2015)
2. Nursing Department Policy# 1.2 Orientation of Nursing Personnel (Revised 12/2013)
3. Department of Human Resources Classification and Compensation Database (Accessed 01/2017)