The Department of Education and Training (DET) provides educational resources and learning opportunities for the ZSFG staff and patients. DET strives to meet the ZSFG’s excellence in quality of care and commitment to community wellness by supporting and providing a continuous respectful learning culture.
We value quality care, efficiency, and innovation by supporting best educational practices to ensure impactful learning outcomes for our ZSFG community.
Our mission is to provide a supportive and enriching learning environment to serve our ZSFG community.
Our vision is to be a highly valued department of ZSFG that contributes to the learning of medical and non-medical staff, volunteers, students, patients and families of the ZSFG community.
Services We Provide
The Department of Education and Training supports the ZSFG strategic plan and learning needs of the organization by providing the following services:
- Media production
- Simulation training
- Manage e-learning modules
- Maintain staff training records
- Train managers how to access staff training records
- Conduct learning needs assessments
- Facilitate training courses
- Develop custom training
- Integrate education & training best practices to support adult learning
- Evaluate training programs
- Use data to improve trainings and learning experiences
- Translation services
- Develop patient education materials with content experts
- Health literacy support
- New Employee Orientation
- Life Safety Courses
- Leadership Development
- Staff Development
- Continuing Education Courses